Donegan Life and Pensions recognises that your privacy is important and is committed to respecting your privacy. We will apply appropriate protection and management of any information you share with us. The information you provide will be held and used in accordance with European data protection law, known as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (2016/679).
We may change this Policy from time to time by updating this page. You can check the relevant website page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes made.
Your Data Protection on our Website.
Martin Donegan is the Data Controller which means that he decides how your personal data in terms of his Financial Brokerage is processed and for what purposes.
How is your Personal Data processed?
Martin Donegan complies with the obligations under GDPR by taking all reasonable measures to:
How is your Personal Data processed?
Your personal data is collected from you when you request an appointment or place an order a course.The information collected varies from the following:
Payment information via a third party (PayPal)
Visitor data to this website is collected anonymously.
What is your Personal Data used for?
Information collected from you may be used in one or more of the following ways:
* To personalise your experience – your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.
* To improve our website – we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
* To validate you are a real person.
* To improve our customer service – your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
* To process financial transactions.
* To notify you of services / products you may be interested in.
* Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or our services to you. The email address you provide for order processing will be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order and our services.
How is your Personal Data protected?
There are a variety of security measures in place to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information:
* A secure and resilient hosting platform is used.
* All supplied sensitive or credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into a Payment Gateway Providers Database which is only accessible by those authorised with special access rights to such systems, and who are required to keep the information confidential.
For how long is your Data retained?
For insurance purposes your basic personal data (name, address, contact details) is kept for a minimum of 7 years. After this time it will be destroyed. Your Data will usually be deleted within 2 working days.
You can manage this with an option to Personal Data Information or Deletion Request.
Links to other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our website, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such websites and such websites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
What are your rights?
Under the GDPR, unless subject to an exemption, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
* The right to request a copy of your personal data which the we hold about you.
* The right to request that we correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date.
* The right to request that your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for us to retain such data.
* The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request that a restriction is placed on further processing.
* The right to object to the processing of personal data, e.g. marketing, profiling etc.
* The right to lodge a complaint with the Irish Data Protection Commissioner.If you wish to discuss or exercise any of these rights, please contact the Data Controller, Martin Donegan, who will be pleased to assist you.